Exeter Senior High School, Reading, Pennsylvania
Larry Prescott, Project Architect; Kelly Groom,
Interior Designer; Gilbert Architects
Fabricator: Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc.
- Renovating the school to accommodate the population growth of Exeter Township.
- Working within a limited budget to create a uniform look between the existing design and the improved administrative offices, lobbies, desktops, classrooms, instruction room, cafeteria, science labs, library and music suite.
- Choosing a durable, versatile wall cladding material that stands up to the daily wear and tear of high school hallways and lobbies.
- Successfully blending the style of the existing lobby areas with surrounding walls and décor.
- Constructing new columns and column bases to form a consistent look throughout the school’s existing décor.
- Identifying a cost-effective, high-performance substitute for floor-to-ceiling wall panels.
- Choosing a surfacing material with a vast color selection to match the current wall cladding and achieve design continuity throughout the building.
- Identifying a product with the design flexibility to reconstruct defects in existing wall panels.
- Selecting a surface that is durable, cost-effective and easy to maintain.
- With a wide range of colors, a variety of aesthetics, and an attractive, seamless appearance, DuPont™ Corian® solid surfaces offer endless design options.
- Corian® is a low-maintenance material that offers a long-term, cost-effective solution for high-traffic areas.
The versatility of Corian® allows for unlimited design flexibility, in this case, to create custom columns and column bases, edge treatments, wall cladding and other design details.