The Glenmorgan Bar and Grill at the Radnor Hotel, Wayne, Pennsylvania
Steve Bajus, Project Director
- Renovating and updating an existing bar and grill to a new level of style and sophistication
- Needed beautiful, versatile, durable materials that could withstand everyday wear and tear from glasses, bottles, spills, standing liquids and hot plates.
- Creating a space that is unique and pleasing to the eye yet easy to maintain
- Finding interesting surfaces with a wide range of colors and extensive design capabilities
- Using material versatile enough to be used in a customized drink rail and Chicago-style leaning rail.
- DuPont™ Corian® solid surface and Zodiaq® quartz surface were cut and combined into custom applications and designs adding to the unique appeal of this space
- The ability to create a tight seam between the Corian® and Zodiaq® surfaces enabled a creative use of materials without gaps that could trap food, dirt and bacteria
- Soft neutrals and deep shades were combined for a cozy, sophisticated, two-tone effect.
- Both Corian® and Zodiaq® are nonporous and stain-resistant—ideal for food prep and service
- The technologies behind Corian® and Zodiaq® assure excellent durability, renewability and reliability
- The quartz crystals in Zodiaq® provide a radiant, upscale look and work well with the warm approachable aesthetic of Corian®.