Architectural & Design Firm: Lissoni Associati
Fabricator: Evans & Paul
- Designing an upscale, self-contained, Saks Fifth Avenue in-store boutique that complements the luxury department store’s sleek look, yet provides customers with a differentiating brand experience for Elie Tahari
- Transforming a low-ceiling space into a bright, dynamic design focal point for the store
- Creating an inviting, dramatic environment which enhances the elegant style of the clothes.
- Finding a surfacing material that would enable installation with exceptional fit and finish
- Identifying a translucent wall cladding material that may be backlit and milled at different depths to achieve multiple layers of transparency and texture
- Working with a fabricator who could translate the architect’s design drawings into a precise, balanced, non-repeating three-dimensional pattern.
- By combining state-of-the-art CAD software with an extra large CNC router, the fabricator was able to produce easy-to-install, perfectly-matched 60” wide DuPont™ Corian® solid surface panels with no visible seams or mounting hardware
- Using translucent Corian® allowed for a series of larger-than-life floral vines to illuminate the 74’ long wall, opening-up the low-ceiling space.
- Machining two layers of patterns at different gradients in the Corian® helped to create a distinctive wall design that evokes a sense of movement.
- Corian® surfaces can be carved, backlit and thermo-formed into virtually any design—offering unmatched design flexibility
- The Corian® translucent colors allows three times as much light to pass through than other Corian® colors, and provides endless design possibilities and illumination effects
Corian® is easy to clean, requires minimal maintenance and allows for a virtually seamless appearance.