Developed to meet the trans fat challenge, PlenishTM high oleic soybean oil offers a healthier soybean oil nutrition profile and exceptional stability.
The Causes of Trans Fat
Trans fat is produced during a process called hydrogenation. Hydrogenation increases the stability of oils and lengthens the shelf life of packaged foods. The process, however, has an unfortunate by-product — trans fat.
The Soybean Oil Nutrition Profile of Plenish™ High Oleic Soybean Oil
- Plenish™ high oleic soybean oil has an oleic content (Omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acid) of more than 75%, the highest of any soybean under commercial development.
- 0g trans fat.
- 20% less saturated fat than commodity soy and 75% less than palm oil.
- Linoleic content of only 3% for improved stability.
The soybean oil nutrition profile of PlenishTM high oleic soybean oil provides consumer benefits, along with the functional and performance characteristics food companies need.
- Higher heat stability for frying
- Increased fry life
- Improved flavor
- Increased shelf life for manufactured products
- Decreased equipment maintenance
- Blending opportunities