DuPont was recently recognized as among the world’s leaders in Public Relations (PR). PR Week, one of the leading influential publications within the communications industry, selected DuPont as one of five finalists in its “Global PR Campaign of the Year” category for developing and launching the company’s leading-edge thought leadership initiative, the Global Food Security Index.
DuPont competed with General Electric, United Nations Foundation, FedEx and Starbucks as the finalists in the category. DuPont was named 1st runner-up for Global PR Campaign of the Year as Starbucks was awarded the top spot at PR Week’s recent event in New York. Steve Betz, Doyle Karr and Anthony Farina represented DuPont at the event.
“In the PR industry, PR Week’s highly regarded recognition in this category is equivalent to receiving an Oscar nomination for Best Film of the Year,” said Anthony Farina, Director of Corporate Communications – Public Affairs, Engagement and Reputation Management. “This unprecedented recognition for DuPont reflects directly on the incredible team and collaboration which involved several businesses, functions and regions in bringing a great idea to life. The global team demonstrated a great deal of courage, creativity and leadership in developing and launching the PR program, pushing us well beyond our traditional comfort zone. In the end, the Global Food Security Index is aligned with the business objectives and strengthens DuPont’s reputation as a significant thought leader in addressing the challenges of feeding the world’s growing population.”
Global PR Campaign of the Year – PR Week
- Starbucks: Global Month of Service - Storytelling from the Bottom Up
- DuPont: Welcome to the Global Collaboratory: Global Food Security Index
- United Nations Foundation: Sustainable Energy For All
- FedEx Express Latin America and Caribbean Division: Building the Future: Educating Women, Harnessing Potential
- General Electric and GE Capital: Building Better Business...while enhancing our brand and highlighting our value proposition