DuPont Acquires Full Ownership of Solae

DuPont News, May 2, 2012
Solae Global Headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
Solae Global Headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.

 

DuPont announced yesterday that effective May 1, the company assumes full ownership of soy-based ingredients leader Solae. DuPont previously owned 72% of the joint venture while Bunge owned the remaining 28%.

“DuPont is committed to nutrition and health. This investment in Solae, along with the acquisition of Danisco last year, has significantly added to our leadership position in food ingredients,” said Executive Vice President Jim Borel. "Solae’s scientific expertise and market leadership in soy is a critical element in our plans to enhance the quality and quantity of food for a growing global population.”

“Our customers will benefit from the full ownership of Solae as we can further increase the speed of innovation, food formulation and nutrition science capabilities across a wide range of specialty food ingredients,” said Nutrition & Health President Craig Binetti.

DuPont sees promising outcomes with the full integration of Solae and former Danisco as part of Nutrition & Health and looks forward to leveraging the two companies' combined capabilities to explore new opportunities and drive solutions through science and technology.